Skip Navigation
    You are in:  home  > V festival 2011 day one   
Picture of Google logo

Site Details

Site Map
Site History

The Safety Zone

About The Section
The 1974 Act
Managing Safety
Risk Assessment

Award Program

Commentary And Stats
The Winners

About Me

Webmaster Biography
Bin Head Blog
The Cubbyhole
MX5 MK2.5
Multiple Sclerosis
GemStone IV
Job Evaluation

Italian gcse 2008
1/2 Marathon Training
New York 2008
Italian Tour 2009
V Festival 2011
Bucket List
New Zealand 2012

Standard Medium Large TextOnly

Assess risk
personal - v festival 2011 - day one

This was the first day of the festival where people could go, select their camping spot and get the lay of the land. Unfortunately I was not going to be able to stay overnight on this first day of the festival due to other commitments. However it would not stop me doing all the rest. I certainly wanted to ensure that I had a decent camping spot!

I set the alarm for 05:30am and managed to stir from my pit at about 06:00am. I rallied the troops, turfing my nephew and niece out of bed at 06:10am. Their friends arrived by 07:00 and we managed to pack all our items in the back of my small hatchback.

picture of my V festival ticket

We travelled down the motorway and got stuck in traffic from Junction 12 of the M6. A 40 minute journey took over three hours. We had to pay £10.00 to pay for a car parking spot and were directed to car park East 3. Upon arrival in the car park I was shocked to find that I was promptly dumped by the four 17 year olds and left to cart my own gear to the campsite. Actually I wasn't THAT shocked. I guess no 17 year old wants a middle aged tag-along. (Did I say middle aged? I meant mature!)

I made my way to the campsite, entering Gold campsite first. I had intended to walk to the Blue campsite but to be honest, it was just too far to go lugging my gear, so the Gold Campsite suddenly became very appealing.

I found a suitable spot and offloaded my gear. It took me 1 hour to put the tent up. I dumped non-valuable stuff inside the tent and made my way to the various arenas, wandering through other camps and within the surrounding area for a few hours, exchanging my ticket for a wristband and purchasing my souvenir brochure.

After a further couple of hours of meandering I made my way back to the car park and made my way home. I was amazed that I found my car relatively easily among the thousands of other cars.

picture of my car packed with items

^ top of page